Friday, July 4, 2008

Freedom

I can't say many interesting things have happened this week. Today is even July 4th and I'll be working two shifts totaling 11 hours (time and a half!). Although there will be no big celebration, I bought some sparklers and I'm pretty excited about them.

Earlier this week I got to hang out with my beautiful friend, Heather, and my lovely sister, Laur. We had plans to cook and watch a movie, but we ended up deciding on Subway and chatting at Starbucks instead. I love hanging out with everyone but it's always a pleasure to get in some girl time.

Our internet was down for a few days, leading me to do more productive things. So, in all my free time I've been pouring through pioneer-time Christian romance novels. Lame to some, but I find them rather enthralling. Unlike the sex-driven secular novels, these men faithfully and honorably pursue their women. The couples seek the Lord to guide their hearts and their relationships. It's a beautiful thing, really, especially in comparison to all the broken relationships we see around us today.

Anyway, it's funny how they can be such an encouragement to my heart. Oftentimes they are laden with scripture. One novel lead me to this verse that has been imprinted on my mind all week:

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him
and he will make your paths straight."
~Proverbs 3:5

I have a lot on my heart right now, but not quite sure how to share just yet. I'll let the words speak for themselves, which is probably better than anything I could say...

I think I might go read some, then take a nap before I'm back to work again....Happy July 4th!

No comments: