Monday, June 30, 2008

Wake Up

This morning was pleasant...or should I say afternoon? I knew I could sleep in today so I stayed up talking to Bryan and then reading until 3am only to sleep in until 11:30am. I love sleeping in. I really wish I was a morning person, but I'm not. Of course random work hours everyday make it impossible to regulate my body clock over the summer, too. Oh well.

I've been reading the paper every day and that's made me feel more insightful about the world I live in. Additionally, last night I picked up my bible to seriously read for the first time in weeks (ouch). I know this is the reason behind my poor attitude, apathy, and mood swings lately--I'm sure my family can attest to this. I was just talking to Heather the other day about how not seeking God daily just seems to produce a bad day and a flat-out terrible attitude. I've been thankful that my prayer life has thrived over the summer as I'm constantly remembering my friends traveling overseas, my high school friends in Greenville, and desperately asking for Christ to capture my heart again, yet still, prayer alone will not sustain me. It was so incredibly sweet to have that precious time reading the Word last night. The Word was truly water to my soul after my heart has been so dry lately.

Anyway, Andy had told me that Romans 14:2 reminded him of me:
"One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man,
whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables."
Funny, right? I wonder if that's God's away of telling me not be vegetarian... ;)

Well, I'm thankful for sleeping in, dear friends to constantly remind me about Christ, and for tasty vegetables. :)

I'm off to go for a quick run before I have to go to work. We re-opening our Starbucks tomorrow after being closed for two weeks for major renovations. It looks amazinggg! Ta-ta for now.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm so glad you had a great time in the word last night!! I love you!!

p.s. 11:30am is early compared to me haha!