Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Relax

Sunday I was able to go to church for the first time in weeks. In Sunday school we talked about Creationism. It saddens me that the world believes the lie of evolution, that all beautiful things that we see were evolved from a random formulated chemical combustion. Where is the purpose of life then? How do you account for the fine-tuned intricacy of the human body or unique properties of nature or the emotions that plague our souls from day to day? Caused by randomness with no plan or designer. It just happened by chance. Now, I'm no scholar but I still cannot find the truth in such a belief. Creationism is shoved aside because people are unwilling to face a Creator and are only left to cling to such false truths. This week I've truly been able to look at the world in new eyes and newfound purpose in my daily living. It was a refreshing morning for my soul.

Sunday night we were able to celebrate Lacey's birthday at Chili's. We humiliated her by having the staff sing to her and as a result got free sweet shots. Awesome. I'm so blessed that Lacey has been my bestest best sister best friend for 12 of her beautiful years of life. We were SO cool back in elementary school, let me tell you. Haha. After dinner, Lacey, Laur, and I went to the Line's house in the middle of freaking nowhere for the night, where Quinny had been house sitting all week. We watched the Disney Channel, Harry Potter, then got a little freaked out from the complete silence around the house before we went to bed. Good times. In the morning, Quinny had errands to run, so Laur, Lace, and I got breakfast. Breakfast always makes me happy and is by far my favorite meal of the day.

Monday I had the whole day off, so I was fairly productive in cleaning and read a whole lot. I made plans to eat delicious salad at Jason's Deli with my lovely friend, Corinne, who I hadn't seen in forever. We had a lovely long talk catching up on our lives from the past year. I love being home for the summer and getting a chance to catch up with old friends.

It must be the Lord's blessing that I'm not working much this week. Typically I'd wish to have more hours, but this week I'm certainly going to need the rest. Pitt County Young Life is heading to SharpTop Cove in Georgia next week! I'm SO excited about it. I know we're going to have a blast at there and watch God do amazing things...if it crosses your mind, pray for Pitt County leaders and kids next week. I really cannot believe how fast the summer is flying! I thought camp would never get here, but we'll be going next week, and in just over a month and I'll be moving into my beautiful townhouse with three lovely roommates! It's been nice to relax and take some time for myself and friends instead of working constantly. I often need to remind myself there's more to life than work and success. Mmm, oh life.


"The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands."
~Psalm 19:1

No comments: