Monday, July 21, 2008

Wow...

That’s the best way to sum up the last week of my life. Sharptop Cove was INCREDIBLE. They weren’t kidding when they said it would be the best week of your life.

It was a long bus ride there, but the fun began the moment we stepped off the bus. All sorts of fun events happened throughout the week: a muddy, nighttime obstacle course, a volleyball tournament where everyone dressed up in wild costumes, the Pool Olympics, the rodeo, cabin challenge, 1890s hoe-down, hike to the top of SharpTop Mountain, the banquet, and a huge last dinner feast. During our hours of free time we ventured to the slide, zipline, swing, frisbee golf, repelling wall, quantum leap, high ropes course, bead barn, and just hanging out by the pool. There was SO much that happened all week--I could go on for days sharing about our sweet time going crazy and having a blast together.

But most importantly our high school friends, over 400 in all, got to see a glimpse of Christ for who he is and heard the gospel in a new and real way. 16 kids from Pitt County came home from camp making commitments to Christ, including one of my girls! I feel that there is nothing more beautiful in the entire universe than watching someone come from death in sin to life in Christ. Amen for the great things Christ did at camp this past week. I have to say it was one of the most physically, emotionally, and spiritually draining things I’ve been through, but also one of the most fun and thrilling weeks of my life. It was absolutely amazing to grow closer and be encouraged by the other wonderful Pitt County leaders, getting to know my high school friends on a deeper level, and experiencing all sorts of pure joy all week long. It’s bittersweet to be home because it’s hard to leave such a beautiful, holy place, but it’s also good to be back in my own bed. I’m slowly but surely catching up on the lost energy from the past week.

This week it’s back to work a bit and getting in a ton of physical therapy observation hours. Welcome back to the real world…

Btw, anyone a Carolina Hurricanes fan? I got to watch Rod Brind’Amour, Chad LaRose, and Shane Willis workout while I was observing physical therapy this morning. Pretty cool. Too bad I’m not much of a hockey fan.






<3

1 comment:

Quinn said...

AMAZING! God is sooo good! Great to hear about it! I can't wait to hear more this weekend!