Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tomorrow

Tomorrow at 4pm we leave for Rockbridge, a beautiful Young Life camp nestled in the mountains of Goshen, Virginia. I cannot believe the day is just about here and I couldn’t be more excited. We have 36 kids from D.H. Conley with us and almost 200 kids from Pitt County overall! The weekend is going to fly by and we’ll leave drained and exhausted, but I have no doubt that my high school friends and I will come home having experienced the best weekend of our lives.

It’s been an extraordinarily busy week, as usual, and I know the devil is using that against me, trying his best to wear me down, but despite my schedule, I know that momentary darkness has no foothold over the light of my life. Somehow, I am so emotionally and spiritually filled and have such joy in knowing that BIG things are going to happen at Rockbridge. I’m pumped for the way God is going to work, getting away from the mess here in Greenville, just hanging out with my high school friends, and experiencing the presence of God together.

Please be praying for us...for a safe 6 hr. long bus ride, for much needed energy and excitement, patience and wisdom, for the speakers, music, skits, activities, and cabin time, for sweet time shared with each other, to keep rain away Saturday, and just for an absolutely incredible weekend. It’s gonna be awesome.

No comments: