Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Time for a Break

Spring break was such a restful time for me this year. I usually end up going home to Raleigh to work or travel to Jersey to see family instead of wasting way all my hard-earned money on some exotic trip (which would be incredible if funds allowed).

I was anticipating some fun adventure to arise during my week home but it ended up being plain and simple: work, friends, and family. But I think that’s exactly what I needed. I didn’t work too much, I got to sleep-in almost everyday, spent a ton of time with my Raleigh crew that I hardly see enough of, and shared precious time with my family. I never really get “homesick,” (after all Raleigh is only 1.5 hrs away from Greenville) but being home really made me appreciate and miss the wonderful community I have in Raleigh, which is equally, if not better, than the one I have at ECU.

Let me tell you, it’s been rough getting back into the swing of things this week. I have a huge midterm in Cell Phys Thursday that I’m not nearly prepared for. I definitely took the “break” part of spring break, so coming back to studying, early mornings, and Young Life club being thrown in my face the second I got back has taken a bit of time to get re-adjusted to. I’m ready for summer already, but I know I have my time to put in before I get there. Onto the second half of the semester we go! Oh boy.

1 comment:

Quinn said...

yes indeed! good time in raleigh hanging out.